Subscribers to the Code
Members of the Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) offering products covered by the Code must subscribe to the 2014 General Insurance Code of Practice.
Any other industry participants may also subscribe, and the ICA encourages all general insurers to adopt the Code.
The companies listed below adopted the 2014 General Insurance Code of Practice on June 30, 2015, unless an earlier date is noted below:
- AAI Limited 
- AIG Australia Ltd 
- AIOI Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Australia Pty Limited (ADICA) 
- Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd
- Ansvar Insurance Ltd
- Assetinsure Pty Ltd
- Auto & General Insurance Company Ltd
- Berkshire Hathaway Speciality Insurance Company
- Catholic Church Insurance Ltd
- Chubb Insurance Australia Ltd 
- Commonwealth Insurance Ltd
- Credicorp Insurance Pty Ltd
- Defence Service Homes Insurance Scheme
- Eric Insurance Limited
- Factory Mutual Insurance Co. 
- Genworth Financial Mortgage Insurance Pty Ltd
- Greatlakes Insurance SE 
- Guild Insurance Ltd
- Hallmark General Insurance Company Ltd
- Insurance Australia Ltd 
- Insurance Manufacturers of Australia Pty Ltd
- LawCover Insurance Pty Ltd
- Lloyd’s Australia Ltd 
- Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co Ltd
- NTI Ltd
- OnePath General Insurance Pty Ltd
- QBE Insurance (Australia) Ltd
- QBE Lenders’ Mortgage Insurance Ltd
- RAA Insurance Ltd
- RAC Insurance Pty Ltd
- RACQ Insurance Ltd
- RACT Insurance Pty Ltd
- Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc 
- Southern Cross Benefits Ltd
- Sunderland Marine Mutual Insurance Company Ltd
- Swiss Re International SE
- The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd
- The Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co Ltd
- Virginia Surety Company Inc
- Westpac General Insurance Ltd
- XL Insurance Company Ltd
- Youi Pty Ltd
- Zurich Australian Insurance Ltd
 On 1 October 2012 Vero Insurance Ltd changed its name to AAI Limited. On 1 July 2013 Australian Alliance Insurance Company Ltd, Australian Associated Motor Insurers Ltd, GIO General Ltd and Suncorp Metway Insurance Ltd ceased to carry on general insurance business in Australia and their general insurance businesses were transferred to AAI Limited.
 Previously known as Chartis Australia Insurance Limited
 AIOI NISSAY DOWA INSURANCE CO. LTD was placed in runoff from 1 January 2014. Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Australia Pty Limited (ADICA) is managing the runoff policies and claims from the old insurer and is conducting new business as a general insurer.
 On 1 November 2016 ACE Insurance Limited and Chubb Insurance Company of Australia Insurance merged to operate under one company called Chubb Insurance Australia Limited.
 Previously FM Insurance Company Ltd. Corporate name change effective 1 October 2014.
 On February 27 2017 Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) Se changed its name to Great Lakes Insurance SE.
 On 1 August 2017 CGU Insurance Limited, Swann Insurance (Aust) Pty Ltd and WFI Insurance Limited transferred their operations to Insurance Australia Ltd (IAL). Their insurance and AFSL’s were cancelled as part of the transfer.
 For participating coverholders and claims administrators see page 3.
 Nipponkoa Insurance Co. Ltd and Sompo Japan Insurance Inc merged September 2014.